A new version of the Renewable Energy Consumer Code (RECC) has been released. The new version of RECC comes into force as of October 2014.
The new version of the Renewable Energy Consumer Code has been released on the RECC website. New and existing MCS Installers must be compliant with the new version of RECC from October 2014.
The main changes to RECC are as follows;
- Revised cancellation rights arising from recent important legislative changes
- Revised arrangements for third party client account, in line with TSI core criteria
- Requirement for members to comply with Data Protection Act
- Revised requirements for behaviour of sales representatives
- Revised arrangements for independent conciliation, in line with TSI core criteria
- Reflection of recent amendments to MCS 001 overarching installer standard
- More details on the content of the handover pack
- Reflection of recent amendments to the Bye-Laws
For further information on the RECC changes please contact your Easy MCS mentor on Freephone 0800 612 43 42 or email email@example.com or to join the Easy MCS Support programme simply apply online.